Jump to navigation Jump to search
The hooker stands in between the props in the front row of the scrum. They also throw the ball in for lineouts.
In the Scrum
- Hook the ball back with their feet
- This includes trying to steal the ball from the opponents, as well as:
- Hooking the ball back on your teams put-in.
- Help push the other team back once the ball has been hooked
In General Play
- Follow the ball around, to support the runner
- Be ready to run the ball into the other team's defense
- Be ready to tackle the other team's big players
- Be active in the ruck.
- Call the play
- Make a good throw-in