There are 2 flankers on the field for each team. They hold onto the sides of the scrum and are usually very fast.
In the Scrum
- Push back the opposing team
- Be ready to break off quickly to tackle the other team
- Help keep the ball in the scrum using your feet
In General Play
- Be a tackler;
- Flankers are very defensive, they do a lot of tackling
- Mark everyone on the other team, big or small
- Be active in the ruck.
- Follow the ball to support the runner
In the Lineout
- Be ready to tackle the other team if they win the ball