To play cricket you use:
- A ball: It is usually red or white. It is made of cork and it is wrapped in twine and covered with leather. It should have a circumference of 23 cm (9 inches). If it's a children's ball, it can be smaller.
- A bat: It is made of wood. The wood is usually from the Kashmir or English willow tree. Aluminium bats are not allowed. The bat has a long handle. One side is smooth. The bat has to be less than 38 inches (96.5 cm) long and 4.25 inches wide (10.8 cm).
- The wicket: There are two wickets on the pitch. Each one is composed of:
- A boundary: It is a rope which defines the field.
- A sight screen: There are 2 sight screens. They are placed at the boundary. they are aligned parallel to the width of the pitch, behind each wicket.