Jump to navigation Jump to search
<<Go back to cookbook contents
Shepherd's Pie is an English dish.
Things you need
- Mince beef
- 3 large Potatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 piece of Garlic cut into thin pieces
- Some vegetables like peas, carrots and broccoli
- Some butter and milk
What to do
- Cook the beef, garlic and vegetables in a pan at a low temperature for about 30 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
- At the same time, boil the potatoes in water in a pot for about 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and mix together with some butter and milk.
- Put the mix of beef, garlic and vegetables into a cooking dish.
- Put the mixed potatoes on top of the beef, garlic and vegetables.
- Cook the dish in an oven for about 15 minutes.
You can add spices if you want. You can replace the beef with lamb if you want. You can use any vegetables you like.
Be careful when cooking the beef. Be certain that it is cooked before you eat it.