< CookbookJump to navigation Jump to search
Ginger Beer is a drink that sometimes has alcohol in it.
What you need
- 100-300 grams ginger root, peeled and grated
- The juice and grated peel from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 500 grams of sugar
- up to 10 litres of water
- Kefir grains or tibicos or ginger beer plant or ale yeast or bread yeast (these things are called fermenters)
What to do
- Mix one and a half litres of water, all the lemon peel and all the sugar.
- Do nothing to the mixture for ten minutes
- Add the lemon juice, cream of tartar and water to the fermenter (see note)
- Put this mixture in a plastic box that is closed for 12 hours
- Put everything into a bottle
- Put the bottles into a fridge to keep them cold.
Someone drinking a correctly made ginger beer
This cookbook page is based on Ginger beer on the English Wikibooks