< CookbookJump to navigation Jump to search
Curried Rice is a type of food that first came from India. Lots of people in different countries eat it now.
What you need
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice or white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes (vegetarians can use vegetarian bouillon cubes)
Makes 3 servings.
- Find a large saucepan or frying pan which has a lid, place on a medium heat, add butter, and then add chopped onion. Cook the onion for a few minutes until it starts to brown partly.
- Add curry powder, and stir with onions for a minute.
- Add bouillon cubes, raisins, rice, and water.
- Put on lid and simmer until water is fixed in well (about 15 minutes).