(Redirected from Wikibooks:User name)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikibooks does not allow usernames some user names.
- Confusing usernames that make it hard to identify users by their username, such as:
- Usernames that are close to another Wikibookians user name.
- Usernames that refer to a Wikibook process.
- Usernames that are random like "aaaaaaaaaaaa" or "ghfjkghdfjgkdhfjkg".
- Usernames that are lengthy, like "Super Ultra Mege Bob of Waverly Drive from Mars146366".
- Misleading usernames such as:
- Usernames that make other users think they are admins or have special rights.
- Usernames that are close to a well-known living or recently deceased person.
- Disruptive usernames that disrupt or misuse Wikibooks, such as:
- Promotional usernames that try to promote a group or company on Wikipedia, such as:
- Usernames that match the name of a company or group, especially if the user promotes it.
- E-mail addresses or web page addresses that promote something.
- Offensive usernames that may make harmonious editing difficult or impossible, including but not limited to:
- Usernames that promote a controversial or potentially inflammatory point of view.
- Usernames that insult other people or groups.
- Usernames that uses the name of a religious figure or religion in a bad way.
- Usernames that refer to real-world violent actions.
- Usernames that refer to racism, sexism, hate speech, et cetera.
- Usernames that refer to a medical condition or disability.
- Usernames that include slurs or refers to reproductive or excretory bodily functions.