Google Services And Products/Search
Searching with Google
The most often used Google service or product is the search engine. To use, simply do the following. Go to www.google.com or a local version of Google eg. www.google.co.uk,type in a search eg.wikibooks, press enter or click Google Search and wait for your search results page to load.
After your search results page has loaded you will notice some things. The most important of these is the search results, listed down the page. For each result it shows the URL or Uniform Resource Locator, a small piece of the text of the page with your search term(s) is in bold, a title for the web page.
- OR Google finds one of two or more search terms eg. Services OR Products
- "" Google Searches for the exact phrase eg. "Google Services and Products"
- - Searches for things matching other search terms without a certain word eg. -wikibooks
- link: Shows links to a web page eg. link:www.wikibooks.org
- related: Shows related pages eg. related:www.wikibooks.org
- site: only searches within a given website eg.google site:en.wikibooks.org
- intitle: searches within titles of web pages eg. intitle:wikibooks
- allintitle: like intitle: but restricts results to web pages that have all of the search terms in their title eg. allintitle:wikibooks
- inurl: searches within the urls of pages eg. inurl:wikibooks
- allinurl: like inurl: but restricts results to web pages that have all of the search terms in their url eg. allinurl:wikibooks