Things you need
- Bacon cut into small pieces about 3 inches (7cm) long
- Lettuce cut into small pieces
- Tomato cut into thin circles
- Two pieces of any type of bread
- Sandwich spread (butter, margarine, mayonnaise, cream cheese, etc.)
What to do
- Take the pieces of bread and put them in a toaster.
- While the bread is toasting, fry the bacon in a pan. Stop frying when it looks cooked. Do not burn it.
- When the toasted slices are ready, put on the sandwich spread.
- Put the lettuce, tomato slices, and bacon together in the sandwich.
- Cut into triangles.
- You can mix the lettuce with mayonnaise if you want.
- The slices of bread do not need to be toasted, but it makes the sandwich more crunchy.
- Another type of the BLT is the BLO where you use onions not tomatoes.
- Be careful when frying the bacon. Use baking soda if there are any flames.